Have you ever wondered where option traders live?
As part of the Option Seller Lifestyle I have repeatedly mentioned that nowadays a trader can live and trade from basically anywhere on earth.
And so we did a little research to see if option traders are actually “all over the earth”. What we found was very interesting.
This is in no way a very scientific study or anything like that, but we did a simple scan to see where OptionGenius members live. We wanted to see how many countries are represented in the OptionGenius family.
Turns out there are a lot: We have members from 45 separate countries! See the list below.
Here are the conclusions I took from this?
1. The world is much smaller than I imagined or realized.
2. Not only are we trading against Wall Street but this is now a global game.
3. Technology will only make it easier to trade around the world in all markets and we need to be able to adapt and maybe trade other markets as well.
4. More and more people will be trading options. That is going to do wonders for liquidity.
Leave your comments below on what you think this globalization means for option trading.
Here is the list. If your country is not listed, leave a comment to let us know where you are trading from, then join OptionGenius :).
- United Arab Emirates
- Netherlands Antilles
- American Samoa
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- United States Minor Outlying Islands